Sunshine Coast Airport engages with the local community through its Community and Aviation Forum (CAF). The CAF provides the opportunity for discussion on matters relating to:
- Noise and environmental issues
- Existing and proposed airport development and operations
- Activities by other aviation stakeholders.
The CAF is made up of community members and groups, governments, and other relevant aviation stakeholders, including:
- Federal Member for Fairfax, Ted O’Brien MP
- State Member for Maroochydore, Fiona Simpson MP
- State Member for Ninderry, Dan Purdie MP
- State Member for Noosa, Sandy Bolton MP
- Sunshine Coast Council, Cr Jason O’Pray
- Noosa Shire Council, Cr Frank Wilkie
- Sunshine Coast Airport Expansion Project
- Airservices Australia
- Buderim War Memorial Community Association
- Coolum Business & Tourism Association
- Coolum Residents Association
- East West Runway Action Group
- Flight Path Forum
- Flight Path Group (Buddina)
- Marcoola Community Group
- Marcoola South
- Mudjimba Residents Association
- Noosa Hinterland Residents Association
- North Shore Traders Association
- Pacific Paradise Progress Association
- Seaside Shores Community Association
- Twin Waters Residents Association
- Yandina Creek Progress Association
The Forum is independently chaired by Ron Brent, who was Australia’s first Aircraft Noise Ombudsman (ANO), having held the position from 2010 to 2017.
Terms of Reference
The purpose and structure of the CAF is defined in its ToR.
Membership is reviewed every 2 years.
Sunshine Coast Airport provides secretariat support and can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Records of meetings
20 October 2020