From time to time, SCA changes or adds to the site, including these terms, without notice. Any change to these terms will be effective as soon as they are published on the site. You should review these terms regularly to check for updates. By using the site, you accept the terms in force at the time of accessing the site.
On this webpage, the following meanings apply:‘SCA’ means the Sunshine Coast Airport Pty Ltd
- ‘Material’ on the site includes any text, symbol, logo, image, video, audio, links and other items.
- ‘Post’ and ‘Posted’ means adding information such as text, audio, video and images, etc., to the site that has been submitted by a registered user.
- ‘Site’ means the Sunshine Coast Airport website and/or its sub-sites having the domain name www.sunshinecoastairport.com.au and all subdomains.
- ‘User’ or ‘you’ or ‘your’ means any person using the site.
There may be additional terms and conditions that apply in order to access specific parts of the site (the additional conditions). In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and any additional conditions, the additional conditions prevail to the extent of the inconsistency.
SCA publishes the information on the site as a general reference. You should not act on anything contained on the site without first obtaining specific professional advice. The information on the site is not comprehensive and is a summary of the subject matter covered. You must make your own assessment of the information on the site, and if you rely on it, you do so wholly at your own risk.
SCA makes no statements, representations, or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or reliability of any information contained on the site. Some information, such as information supplied by third parties, has not been assessed for its accuracy. You should make your own enquiries and obtain advice specific to your particular circumstances.
SCA expressly disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses (including direct and indirect losses), damages and costs you may incur as a result of your use of the site or intended use of the site including:
- the information on the site being inaccurate or incomplete in any way, for any reason
- the information on the site or the site itself being subject to infection by computer viruses or other contamination
- lack of availability, interruption, delay in operation, internet access difficulties, or equipment malfunction in relation to the site
- any failure to provide the site or any part of it either temporarily or permanently.
The information on the site is subject to change without notice. If you print information, you should check regularly for updates on the site. This includes PDF and other files linked to on the site.
This general disclaimer is not restricted or modified by any specific warnings and disclaimers contained in these terms or located elsewhere on the site.
Terms and conditions
Linking to the site
SCA gives permission for you to create a link to the site. If you do create a link to a page on the site, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out in these terms will apply to your use of the site by linking to it.
Using the site
By using the site, you agree that you will not:
- tamper with or do anything that could hinder the proper operation of the site; upload viruses or other malicious code, transmit a virus or other disabling feature to the site
- collect users’ material using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers)
- collect or solicit material about others, including email addresses, without their consent
- use the site, or use any service provided on the site, to conduct surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or send chain letters, junk email, spam or any other duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise)
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site or use another person’s name, registration account or password
- except to the extent permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on the site, or create any other material using material on the site, including posts made by registered users, without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of the information
- collect or solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else
- use the site for any activity which breaches any laws, infringes a third party’s rights, is unlawful, or breaches the terms.
Intellectual property rights
Logos and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) appearing on the site must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner. The material on the site or the products, technology and processes contained in the site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by SCA or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights. If you want a licence, you must specifically contact the owner of those rights. Your use of the site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
The site may contain links to, or frame, websites other than the site (external websites). Links to, or framing of, external websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval, warranty of accuracy, recommendation or preference by SCA of the external websites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external websites, unless expressly stated otherwise.
SCA makes no warranties and accepts no liability in relation to Material contained on external websites, nor to your use of external websites, and it disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses (including direct and indirect losses), damages and costs you may incur as a result of using any external website or software that may be associated with it.
External websites and software, such as group email software, may be promoted within the Site. By choosing to use external websites and software, you will conduct your own assessment of the worthiness, cost, safety or otherwise of this software.
By using external websites linked to the site, you understand that you may be bound by the term of use for these external websites. This may include issues such as storage of your information on overseas servers or granting ownership of your information to these websites. You must read any terms governing the use of any external websites before using it.
- The terms and the use of the site are governed by, and construed in accordance with the law in force in Queensland, Australia. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of courts exercising jurisdiction in Queensland for proceedings in connection with the terms or the use of the site.
- Headings in the terms are for convenience only, and to not limit interpretation.
- The entire agreement between the parties regarding the use of the site is made up of the terms, and any additional conditions.
- The terms and any additional conditions cannot be varied accept by prior written agreement signed by an authorised SCA officer.
- If any part of the terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If SCA fails to enforce any of the terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any waiver of the terms must be made in writing and signed by an authorised SCA officer.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under the terms to anyone else without our prior written consent.
- All of SCA’s rights and obligations under the terms are freely assignable by council in connection with an amalgamation or sale of assets, de-amalgamation or division of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing the site.
Website privacy and security statement
SCA is committed to protecting user privacy. SCA understands and appreciates that visitors to, and users of, this website, are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of information they provide.
SCA’s policy is to respect and protect the privacy of its website users and, as a general rule, SCA does not collect personal information about you when you visit this site. You are able to visit this site without revealing any of your personal information.
Some elements on SCA’s website (such as online forms and the linking of email addresses) require Java scripting enabled on your browser for full functionality. You will only need to manually turn scripting on if you are experiencing difficulties, as most browsers will have it enabled by default. Scripting has been used on council’s website as a security measure against software applications that run automated tasks over the Internet.
Recording your visit
When you visit SCA’s website, SCA makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .edu, .net, .org, .au, .nz etc.)
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and documents downloaded
- the previous site you visited
- the type of browser you used.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect computer logs.
Recording your email address
SCA will only record your email address if you authorise SCA to do so. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you authorise SCA to do so. SCA will not use your email address for any other purpose, and will not disclose it, without your consent.
Collecting personal information
From time to time, SCA will use electronic forms on this site to gather personal information for purposes directly related to a function or activity of SCA. When SCA does this, you will be notified of the purpose for which the information is being collected (including if the information is to be published), and the legal authority for the collection if it is authorised or required, by or under law.
SCA will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of SCA, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive.
Because there are risks associated with using the Internet as a transmission medium, when SCA use electronic forms to collect information you will be provided with other options for providing the information – for example, a paper form and mailing address and a telephone contact.
Publishing personal information
SCA will only publish personal information on this site if it has been collected for this purpose with your knowledge or if you have consented to the disclosure. When giving such consent you should be aware that information published on this site is accessible to millions of people from all over the world, that it will be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any Web user. This means that, once the information is published on this site, SCA will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
Copyright and trademark
Sunshine Coast Airport™ is a registered trademark of Sunshine Coast Airport Pty Ltd.
All content on the site, regardless of origin, is generally protected by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
SCA supports the sharing of information and the use of site content as permitted under Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), for example for private study, research, criticism or review. Except to the extent permitted by the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) or in this notice, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the content on the site, or create any other material using material on the site, without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of the information.
SCA grants you a non-exclusive licence to reproduce the contents of the site onto your Web browser (and any cache file produced by your Web browser) for the sole purpose of viewing and/or hearing the content of the site.
Logos and trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner. The products, technology and processes contained in the site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by council or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as expressly set out in the terms. Your use of the site must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
If you would like permission to use any of the materials on the site, please contact SCA’s Marketing and Communications department.
Guidelines for management and use (External guidelines)
These are the official guidelines for users (External) of the Sunshine Coast Airport Facebook page.
The principles for online participation are the same as those that apply to using other forms of social media.
Find Sunshine Coast Airport on Facebook
Through Facebook, SCA aims to you keep you up to date on all the latest news, events as well as other council initiatives and activities.
Posts will include:
- upcoming events and activities happening at the airport and on the Coast
- important news updates
- links to interesting and useful information about the Sunshine Coast
- replies and direct messages.
Posts and replies
Please use SCA’s Facebook page to respond to SCA posts only. SCA will reply to you as quickly as possible, however staff are available during business hours only – 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday. If you have a formal request, enquiry or complaint, visit the Contact Us page for a range of contact options. Please note that SCA’s Facebook page is moderated and any vexatious, defamatory or malicious comments will be removed.
- post anything that could be considered prejudicial, racist, off-topic, inflammatory, repetitive, vexatious, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
- swear. We want everyone to be comfortable visiting here to get the information we try to provide.
- harass or make personal attacks against other users or SCA staff or tenants. Please be respectful of others and their opinions.
- repost other people’s appeals, requests or offers, or anything else that could be considered spam.
- link to other Facebook pages, any non-government or off-topic page.
- report any offensive material on Facebook to this page, or post a link to it. Complaints about offensive material should be made directly to Facebook.
Although SCA takes care in producing content for Facebook, it does not guarantee that the information is accurate, complete, and current or that the data is free from defects or malicious code such as viruses. SCA does not accept any responsibility if you incur any loss or damage (however it was caused) in connection with the use of Facebook or any website to which it links. SCA may not endorse content contained on other websites linked to its Facebook page.
Privacy collection notice
Your profile name from Facebook is collected by SCA for the purposes of addressing your enquiry, maintaining a record of correspondence and managing its Facebook page. No other personal information is collected by SCA from Facebook.
SCA’s Facebook page includes the following collection notice, in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009:
SCA’s Facebook page is for the purpose of providing updated details on Sunshine Coast Airport news and events across the region. You are invited to participate on this Facebook page by giving us your views, opinions or comments on these posts via a submission to Facebook.
As part of the submission process, you agree to your submissions being made public through this social networking site immediately upon submission. You also agree that your submission will be transferred outside of Australia to Facebook servers located outside of Australia.
If you make a contribution to this social networking site including personal information you should also be aware that, despite the terms and conditions of use of Facebook, the following possibilities exist:
- Although you may request that your personal information is removed from the website, it is possible that third parties may store or cache parts of this website containing your personal information so that your personal information will be available after deletion from this website.
- Third parties may locate your personal information through internet search engines. It is possible that third parties may collect and use your personal information for inappropriate and potentially illegal purposes.
- The moderator may reject your submission or remove your personal information from the contribution if the moderator believes that the publication of the personal information is inappropriate.
Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given your permission or SCA is required to do so by law.