Sunshine Coast Airport Master Plan 2040
Sunshine Coast Airport Pty Ltd is preparing a new Airport Master Plan to guide the future development of the Sunshine Coast Airport to 2040 and beyond.
Airports by their nature require long-term planning horizons and Airport Master Plans are developed periodically by airports as part of good business practice to plan out the staged growth of an airport over the development horizon. In the case of Sunshine Coast Airport, we are required to prepare an Airport Master Plan for the review and approval of Sunshine Coast Council under the terms of our 99-year airport lease agreement, between Sunshine Coast Council and Sunshine Coast Airport Pty Ltd.
The Airport Master Plan is a planning document that sets out how the airport will be developed over time to accommodate the future needs of the airport and the community as they grow over the next 20 years and beyond.
Have your say
A 10-week (50 business days) community engagement period has commenced on Thursday 30 May 2019 with feedback submissions due by Friday 5.00pm, Friday 9 August 2019.
The public consultation period has now concluded.
As the Airport Master Plan goes through the various project stages information will be added here including media releases, fact sheets, information about how to have your say, and project updates.
To keep informed sign up to the Airport Master Plan 2040 enewsletter to receive project updates.
* You only need to sign up to the enewsletter once, you may get an error if you try to sign up more than once.
Sunshine Coast Airport Master Plan 2040 information links
- Sunshine Coast Airport Expansion Project (Sunshine Coast Council are delivering the new runway)
- Airservices Australia – Sunshine Coast Airport Airspace Changes Runway 13/31
- Airservices Australia – Aircraft Noise Complaint
- Airservices Australia – Sunshine Coast Airspace Change project information
- Aircraft Noise Information Tool (Sunshine Coast Council)